Jan 20, 2009

01.20.09

So today is the first time I've ever heard about the term "INAUGURATION" (sorry if that's ignorant of me).. and today is also the first day I've ever seen the President sworn in. I'm elated that today I could witness such a historical moment in all of our lives. I never once would have imagined it. The difference with the dreams back then kids had and the dreams of the kids today is.. back then you'd never once hear a (child of "color") say' "One day I will be the President," and now, this day, or rather since the campaign for the 09 election began.. the kids of today can dream big! You will hear a child say' "One day I will be the President!"

Just to sidetrack a little.. Today was lowkey stressful.. I had to register for spring semester, get my financial aid form completed, and take the test that the school I'm going to requires. Next will be orientation (Feb 27th) then registering for my classes. I'm happy that I've managed to do this on my own for the most part .. I'm learning my sense of independence. until next time ..


~PEACE&LOVE~
& HAPPY BARACK OBAMA DAY!

0 comments: